The African Development Bank(ADB) nurses a dream to build better future for Africa and make unforgettable imprints in the sands of time. The ultimate goal of ADB is to unlock the potential of Africa’s youth. The Bank always doff her hat at the vigour and innovative thinking that many of our youth brings to the table.Therefore,ADB have launched a writing competition for young Africans from 20-29 ahead of our annual meetings that will be held on the theme ‘Accelerating Africa ‘s Industrialization ‘ in Busan,Korea(May 2018).
- Participants must meet ALL of the below requirements:
- Must be 20 years of age, and legally allowed to travel internationally.
- Must hold a valid passport, or be able to obtain one prior to attending the Annual Meetings.
- Must be a citizen of one of the 54 African countries .
- Must not be older than 29 years old as of May 31, 2018 to enter the Contest
- Entries must be submitted in English or French (the African Development Bank’s official languages).
Young Media Practitioners: Must submit an unpublished piece no longer than 1,000 words, related to the contest’s theme .
Young Contestants: Must submit an essay, article or creative writing piece, no longer than 1,000 words, related to the contest’s theme.
In addition to their submitted pieces, participants will be required to submit a proof of identity – passport, birth certificate or national identity card.
All you have to do is write an article (no longer than 1,000 words) on the Africa of your dreams, based on any of the following sub-themes.
Smart Cities and Urban Development
The Internet of Things
Agriculture as a Business
4 Industrial Revolution
ICTs and the video game industry
Inclusive and sustainable industrial development
Integrating Africa through Entertainment
Blockchain and cryptocurrency
The future of entrepreneurship
Four winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to attend the Korea event.
Winners in each category will also take home a laptop computer, and runners-up will get tablets.
Visit Contest Website