British Council is looking for 100 talented, dynamic young people (aged 18-35) with skills relevant to the fashion and film industries in Lagos, to support them to create new businesses and explore new livelihoods in both sectors. Are you interested or you know someone that is interested, then make sure you read this post, and also check Vasiti Magazine for other Opportunities for Students.
About British Council Nigeria Creative Enterprise Programme.
The programme (Nigeria Creative Enterprise Programme) offers three stages of support as follows:
Important Dates for the British Council Nigeria Creative Enterprise Programme.
|14 – 26 January 2019||Participants will receive intensive (artistic and business skills training in Lagos|
|27 January 2019 – 31 March 2019||Participants will receive workspace and access to equipment that they need to develop new products and outputs. They will also receive mentoring, advice and short work placements to improve their understanding of their industry, further strengthen their skills and develop their business plans.|
|30 March 2019||Event to select grant recipients|
|April – December 2019||Grant recipients deliver against their plans and milestones|
Ideal Candidates for the Programme.
- Will be in the age range 18 – 35 throughout the programme (i.e. until December 2019)
- Will have received training or have existing skills in fashion (sewing, pattern making, design, draping, pattern making etc.) or filmmaking (cinematography, directing, acting, screenwriting etc.) and have demonstrable capacity in these areas.
- Will be interested in starting their own fashion or film business or getting employed in these industries in the immediate future
- Will be available full time to participate in programme activities from 14 January to 31 March 2019
Deadline for British Council Nigeria Creative Enterprise Programme: 10 December 2018.
- All the training is free and transport stipends will be provided to selected candidates who require financial assistance to participate.
- Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from us by 21 December, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
- By applying to this programme, you consent to your pictures and recordings of you being taken and used with regards to the programme for non-commercial purposes.
To apply for the British Council Nigeria Creative Enterprise Programme 2018, click here
Kindly share this article with family and friends.
Stay glued to Vasiti Magazine.