Good News! Fashion Focus Africa Applications are now open!
This year, Lagos Fashion Week uses its annual Fashion Focus programme to cement its work and dedication to providing incubator support for emerging talent with the launch of Fashion Focus Africa. Established in 2011, Fashion Focus (formerly known as Young Designer of The Year) is dedicated to the growth and promotion of emerging talent in the fashion industry through mentoring and awarding a grant via the Fashion Focus Fund.
In partnership with FETS Wallet and Avivere, Fashion Focus presents unique opportunities for emerging talents to harness their skills through business development workshops, creative workshops, and mentorships with the aim to provide young designers with the tools they need to facilitate innovation, accelerate growth and achieve commercial success.
The Fashion Focus programme, which was previously open to only Nigerian talent is now taking applications from all over Africa.
Alumni of the Fashion Focus programme include Ejiro Amos Tafiri, Gozel Green, Iamisigo, Kenneth Ize, Maxivive, Meena, Orange Culture, and Sisiano. In March 2018, 2017/18 Fashion Focus Finalist, Emmy Kasibit was the recipient of the Fashion Focus Fund. Emmy received a cash grant of N5,000,000 (Five Million Naira) to support his business.
Applications for the 2018/19 session is now OPEN!
Why should I Apply?
● Eligibility to apply for the #LFWNG Fashion Focus Fund
● Business and Creative Skills Workshop
● Business and Creative Mentoring
● Opportunity to showcase at LFW in 2019
● Endless access to market opportunities
● Designers must have a minimum of 2 years working experience
● Designers will be required to send moodboards and sketches of their work in addition to physical samples
● Designers must have existing points of sale
● Designers must be capable of developing and presenting a full collection
What’s the Application Deadline?
14th September 2018
All applications received will be reviewed. Ten (10) shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their work to a selection panel at Lagos Fashion Week in October 2018. The 5 Finalists for the Fashion Focus Africa 2018/19 session will be announced and programme will commence December – January 2019.
How do I Apply?
Kindly share this article with family and friends, if you find it helpful.
To see more posts like this, click here
Stay glued to Vasiti Magazine.