Hey guyss. It is Friday, and I’m sure we are getting ready for the weekend. Well, McKinsey & Company is giving out a scholarship worth 2000 Euros. Are you female? Do you have a flare for leadership? Then you should apply for McKinsey’s Next Generation Women Leaders Awards 2019. Kindly read this article to apply for the scholarship.
About Women at McKinsey.
McKinsey Women is our global firm-wide network of female consultants—a powerful resource that provides formal and informal mentoring, training, and relationship-building opportunities. We offer women-focused programs to help you maximize your strengths, develop your network, and grow as a leader. Women-specific training programs are offered at every level. For example, female business analysts and associates can attend the Engaging with Presence workshop, and other female-only training programs include Women’s Leadership Workshop, Pathway to Partner, and Pathway to Director. By the time a woman reaches partnership, she will have spent close to three full weeks in women-specific programs in addition to our other formal training programs.
History of Next Generation Women Leaders (NGWL)
The first Next Generation Women Leaders (NGWL) event took place in Paris in 2012. The event brought together women from across Europe and the Middle East who enjoyed three days of inspirational workshops, discussions, and networking. Over the years we have run additional initiatives to further support women’s leadership under the NGWL umbrella: events in Paris and Washington, D.C., and the NGWL Award. The NGWL event is an exclusive three-day workshop in which attendees explore the importance of women in leadership and refine their own leadership skills. The NGWL Award is a financial scholarship combined with individual mentorship from McKinsey consultants.
About the Scholarship.
Recipients will be awarded:
- a scholarship of 2,000 Euros (or its equivalent in a local currency) towards the cost of tuition, summer employment, volunteer work, research, or any other initiative supporting your academic and/or professional development
- individual mentorship from McKinsey consultants to support you as you consider your academic trajectory and career aspiration
- an invitation to a local McKinsey event or an office visit
- a student working towards a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD, from any discipline or background
Your office preferences define which academic transcripts are required. Transcripts do not need to be in English.
- Africa, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden require academic transcripts from high school onwards
- Asia and Pacific, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Spain, Switzerland require university transcripts
- For other offices, academic transcripts are optional, but please include relevant grades in your resume
Your resume (in English), which should include details of your education and grades, work experience, and any extracurricular activities and achievements.
A cover letter (one page maximum, in English), which should include a paragraph about your most notable accomplishment and a paragraph describing how you would benefit from receiving the award.
Your office/practice preference
Our participating offices are listed below. When you apply you will be asked to list up to two office locations which will review your application. We advise you to choose locations to which you have strong ties (e.g., you have studied or lived in the country) and whose local language you are fluent in.
For more information on Next Generation Women Leaders, click here to visit their Official Website.
Kindly share this article with family and friends.
For more Opportunities for students, click here.
Stay glued to Vasiti Magazine.