The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
Host Institution: University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study: undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award winners receive awards proportional to financial need.
Also ,financial need is determined by tuition, fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution you and your family can make annually. A standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
In addition, the Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less.
For you to be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, you must:
- be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- come from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- not have undergone your first undergraduate degree.
- meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 1 December 2019. Also, you must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2020.
For more information, visit the official scholarship website
Deadline: 1 Dec 2019
Check here for more scholarship/internship opportunities.