Google is recruiting for intern Software Engineering Intern, Research, 2019.
About The Position
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills. People who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions of users.
At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions.
Large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local guide.
Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
About The Job
Research and Machine Intelligence is a high impact team that’s building the next generation of intelligence and language understanding for all Google products.
To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (including Deep Learning approaches like Google Brain) and Natural Language Understanding. We impact products across Google including Search, Maps and Google Now.
As a Software Engineer in Research and Machine Intelligence, you work on a small team, collaborating closely with other product teams and you’re able to switch projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves.
We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems. Because you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology, you’ll also get a chance to work closely with researchers across Google.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems
Location for the Job is at Accra, Ghana. So if you are willing to apply and you meet the requirement, this an opportunity for you.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD programme in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience (classroom or work related) in Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- Minimum Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C++ or Python.
- Required Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Relevant industry work experience and/or experience as a researcher in a lab.
- Demonstrated publication record, with four or more publications at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
By applying for this position, your application will be sent to the following locations:
Zürich, Switzerland; Berlin, Germany; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Accra, Ghana; Paris, France
Applications for this position are due by January 18th 2019.