Holland Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters Program 2019
We are very pleased to inform interested persons that applications are now open for the Holland Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters Program 2019 . The Applications to the Holland Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters Program 2019 can now be submitted online. The cut-off date for the same could be either the 1st of February 2019 or the 1stof May 2019 depending on the University/institution being applied to.
The Holland Scholarship has been set up to facilitate the studies of international students living in countries that do not belong to the European Economic Area (EEA) and who wish to pursue either their Bachelor’s degrees or their Applications to in the universities of the Netherlands.The Holland Scholarship has been jointly funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science the Dutch the academic applied sciences and the Dutch research universities. In all, at present, there are 48 Universities/educational institutions participating in the scholarship program. Together they award 1536 scholarships to deserving students every year.
Holland Scholarship Coverage & Benefits
There are many reasons for an overseas student to pursue a degree in Holland with a Holland Scholarship a few of which are mentioned below.
- Universities in Holland provide international students with a wide range of study programs to choose from. In fact, there are around 2100 study programs conducted in English in various universities in Holland.
- A student can be assured of high-quality education that will be worth the time and money spent on it.
- Partially Fund Education with the Holland Scholarship: A scholarship student only has to look to fund a part of his/her education in Holland under a Holland Scholarship. The Holland Scholarship is a partial scholarship and amounts to a total sum of €5000 that will be paid to a student during his/her first year of study. However, the entire amount of a student’s tuition fees will not be borne by the scholarship. The grant under the scholarship is awarded to a student only for one year and cannot be received more than once.
- Holland’s international study programs offer students a wider exposure and experiences, as well as the opportunity to meet people from different parts of the world and be one be a member of a global student community.
- Pursuing a course of study in Holland will help a student develop important life skills besides a successful career.
- Students will be ensured a safe and secure environment when they study in Holland.
How to apply for Holland Scholarship in Four Steps
A student can apply for a Holland Scholarship in 4 simple steps:
- Explore Prospects
Students aspiring to a Holland Scholarship should firstly research online on the various programs being offered under the scholarship as well as the cut-off dates for each. Details of the programs can be found under the head ‘List of Universities Offering Holland Scholarship’ below.
- Pre-application Prep
Prior to applying for the Holland Scholarship Program, a student should do some pre-application prep that involves checking to see if he/she meets the applicable eligibility criteria as given below;
- The student should not belong to an EEA country.
- A student cannot apply for any part-time course/degree but can only apply for a full-time undergraduate or Master’s degree at any one of the Dutch Universities/higher educational institutions offering the scholarship.
- A student also has to fulfill the specific eligibility requirements of his/her educational institution of choice. These requirements could be found on the particular institution’s website.
- A student wishing to apply for the Holland Scholarship cannot already be a holder of a degree from any Dutch university/educational institution.
Eligible students can apply for the Holland scholarship directly on the website of their chosen Dutch University/educational institution. Students should ensure that the University/educational institution that they have chosen to study at is a participant in the Holland Scholarship Program. For a list of eligible Universities/educational institutions read the section on ‘List of Universities Offering Holland Scholarship’ below.
- Check application status
If a student is awarded a Holland scholarship, he/she will be informed personally of the same by the University/educational institution that he/she has applied to.
List of Universities of Applied Sciences Offering Holland Scholarship
The Holland Scholarship is funded by the Holland’s Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science long with its universities of applied sciences and its research universities. A list of the universities of applied sciences that offer the Holland Scholarship with links to their websites is given below.
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdamse University of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Driestar educatief
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Inholland university of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
List of Research Universities offering Holland Scholarships
A list of the universities offering the Holland Scholarship is given below:
- Leiden University
- University of Groningen
- Maastricht University
- University of Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Delft University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University
- Utrecht University
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht School of Management
- VU Amsterdam
- Tilburg University
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Wageningen University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- University of Humanistic Studies
Holland Scholarship Application Deadline
As mentioned at the beginning of the article, the deadline for the Holland Scholarship will be either the 1st of February 2019 or the 1st of May 2019, depending upon the University/educational institution being applied to. Use the links to the websites of specific universities given in the lists above and have specific deadlines confirmed.