GIZ Internships For International Students 2019, Germany
We are glad to inform interested persons that applications are now open for the GIZ Internships For International Students 2019, Germany.The main task of this project is to support and represent the position of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) on education in development cooperation at all levels of German and international development policy.
Tasks of Interns
They gain insight into various topics, but are mainly used for either “Higher Education and Science” or “Advanced Basic Education”.
- Literature and Internet research on current issues and topics of international educational cooperation
- Preparation of draft texts and documents within the framework of the BMZ consultancy (eg the preparation of background papers on various educational topics)
- Support for the content and organizational preparation and follow-up of GIZ and BMZ events
- Assistance in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of meeting dates. Participation in content discussions in the team.
As a federal company, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development. Education is one of the key areas of German development policy. Overcoming educational poverty in the partner countries will make a decisive contribution to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. A well-educated population is a basic prerequisite for poverty reduction, sustainable economic growth, social development, good governance, a sense of democracy and civic engagement. At the same time, education is a human right that allows every individual to participate in the social, cultural, political and economic life of their country.
The SV addresses key issues :
- policy issues and cross-sectoral issues;
- Multilateral subject areas;
- Advanced basic education;
- Higher education and science. All core topics of the SV are closely interwoven in the sense of a holistic education system strengthening.
Furthermore, the SV “Education” with the SV “Vocational Education” strongly networked.
In addition to German implementing organizations, partners and actors of cooperation include German and international universities and scientific institutions as well as international institutions and networks (eg Global Partnership for Education). Typical activities of the SV are the organizational, process and policy advice on the above-mentioned topics, detailed research and preparation of background papers, speeches and studies on selected educational aspects, as well as the organization of events.
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ is dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and governments of other countries. GIZ works with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. The main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Value of Internship
Interns get a monthly compensation of approximately € 1,580
- Completed basic studies / BA in educational sciences / social sciences or other study programs relevant for the internship
- Experiences in the (scientific) research, structuring and processing of information and data sets
- Basic knowledge of education at the international level (evidenced by academic achievements or practical experience)
- Basic knowledge in the field of higher education and science promotion or advanced basic education (beneficial)
- First experience in development cooperation at national / international level (beneficial)
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative
- Very good German and English skills
- The internship is only possible if you are currently enrolled, are in a further education, the integral part of which is the completion of an internship or the graduation at the beginning of the internship not more than 6 months ago.
Apply online through the given Link