We are very pleased to inform interested Persons that Applications are welcomed for Windle Trust Scholarships open to outstanding African students(Masters).
The Scholarship program comprises the:
– Return airfare to and from the United Kingdom
– Pre-university orientation on arrival in Oxford on issues such as adapting to life in the UK and dealing with culture shock, managing finances, study methods and accessing health care in the UK as well as practical scholarship arrangements
– Fully paid/waived overseas student tuition fees
– Maintenance (upkeep) stipend for the entire period (12 months) of study
– Leadership training and coaching programme
– Themed Conference and Workshop in January and July respectively on issues relevant to students and the challenges they face on return such as CV writing, job searching and interview skills
– Visits and pastoral support during the course of the studies.
31st March 2018
For the 2018/19 academic year successfully selected, applicants will usually be expected to obtain unconditional admission to an eligible one-year full-time, taught master’s degree course at partner institutions by 31 March 2018.
University is keen to encourage applications from women and individuals from other, particularly disadvantaged groups. This includes those who are resident in the refugee camps and settlements, those who have lost close family members to war or conflict, as well as those who are particularly vulnerable such as people with disabilities and those who have themselves been victims of violence.
Eligible applicants are welcomed from all religious backgrounds and ethnic groups.
Short-listed candidates for interview are advised to start arranging the process of taking the English language test (IELTS) and score at least 6.5 and not less than 6.0 in all components, as this is a usual admission requirement of UK Universities.
Visit https://windle.org.uk/scholarships for more details.