The AfriPop Internship Programme is designed to take you through 4 weeks of hands-on learning in the research and trading departments of Afrinvest Securities Limited.
Over the course of your programme, you will be paired with a mentor who provides the necessary tutelage/advice to empower you to pursue a career in the finance industry.
However, the deadline of the application is December 7, 2018.
Features of the perfect AfriPop Intern; The intern should be
- in his/her penultimate or final year in an institution of higher learning;
- has a palpable passion for finance;
- is a progressive and articulate thinker;
- communicates exceptionally well;
- is willing to learn; and
- possesses strong social and interpersonal skills.
Benefits to gain from the Internship Programme
First-hand, practical knowledge of trading in the financial market
Improved research and analytical skills
Prizes for the Afripop Internship Programme
1st Place: Internship and N50,000
Then followed by 2nd Place who gets the cash prize of N35,000, then 3rd Place and 4th place get : N25,000 & N20,000 respectively
Application Procedure for the Afripop Internship programme:
To become our first AfriPop Intern, you must go through 3 stages:
First Stage: The Essay Contest: November 22 – December 7
- First, write an essay NOT MORE THAN 1,000 words on the topic: The Role of Fintech in Improving Financial Inclusion in Nigeria
- Use Times New Roman, font size 11, double line spacing
- Submit PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before Friday, December 7, 2018.
- The subject of your e-mail should be AfriPop Essay Submission
- The body of the e-mail must include your name, university, the course of study and social media handles.
Second Stage: The Elevator Pitch: December 15 -22
Third Stage: The Interview: January 14 – 18
Terms and Conditions for the Afripop Internship Programme
This internship programme will run in our LAGOS office only.
The AfriPop Intern MUST be in their penultimate or final year.
Meanwhile, you can only make one entry per submission. If you’re shortlisted, you must be available for an interview.
Moreover, only entrants with justifiable reasons for their unavailability will undergo video interviews.
Afrinvest reserves the rights to judge all submissions based on its chosen criteria.
The winner is responsible for all transportation, feeding and accommodation logistics throughout the internship.
The N50,000 prize is to be paid at the end of the internship.
Meanwhile, they get two options of payment; a cash transfer to either a bank or brokerage account.
Afrinvest reserves the right to use photos and videos of entrants as promotional materials going forward.
To find out more, please see below our contact information:
Titilayo: +234 806 4163 665
Ayorinde: +234 802 8180 822
Email – email@example.com
Visit the Official Website for more information.