The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is seeking applications for scholarships offered by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as part of its ‘In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa’.
DAAD will make the final decisions and administer the scholarships. ACMS is in charge of the first phase of the application process which involves pre-selecting and shortlisting candidates. ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and final decisions.
Application Deadline: 5th May 2020.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Fellowship, Masters, PhD, Post-Doctorate
Number and Value of Awards: Full scholarships are available for Four MA and Five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2021
- Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- Applicants must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- Applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%
Application Process: Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
Email all queries and application materials to: email@example.com
Visit The Official Website For More Information